Thursday 9 January 2014

Question 6

What have you learnt about technologies from the process of making this product?

 
Whilst working on this project I have learnt a numbered amount about of new technologies and what good creations they can manufacture. I have divided these into different categories; filming effectively using a camcorder, editing of film sequences and additional post production skills such as; sound, special effects and adding titles.
 

Filming effectively using a camcorder:


Light is a essential part of filming and is largely responsible for the way a film looks. It can easily set the tone of a scene and make or brake a movie. It can also be used artistically representing emotion and holding a meaning.






When doing research before filming I found plenty of resources telling me to repeatedly shoot a sequence, up to five times. I took this constructive piece of information and used it whilst filming and I'm incredibly thankful that I did as it certainly benefited me. This was because if a shot didn't fit in or was terrible quality I would have had spare shots to use as back up material. i found this was true during my filming because my shots didnt match and because i hadnt film something five times i had to go refilm.

Editing of film sequences:

 

 


Whilst in preparation of my film I created a storyboard.

I used a timeline of camera shots, dialect and sound. This was so I had a rough idea to go by, putting the interruptions from my mind on to paper creating a step by step guid. As filming kicked off I started to see things from a different point of view, it was although I felt I had produced some good ideas already but they were just 'good' not excellent like the ideas I came up with whilst looking through the camera. I soon changed a few shots, angles and sounds and realised I didn't have to stick side by side with my storyboard, it was only a bit of gentle guidance in the end i changed most things on my storyboard.

Post production skills- sound:

 
 
I spent an exceptional amount of time listening to songs by various artist however as soon as I heard Chase amd statuses "end credits" I knew it was the one, it fit so finely into the representation. I learnt including sound is one of the most crucial elements in film making and that I shouldn't let my attention run from this by classing it as a 'small detail'. I also picked up that adding sound to a sequence adds emotion and rhythm, it also foreshadows the atmosphere. I was so happy with how my film turned out with the song we used.


 
 
Adding titles was alot harder than I first expected, I have never before experinaced any sort of film editing. Getting the titles in the right position was hard I had to get the positioning and timing especially correct, this was to match the non-dialect sound and sequence of clips.

Iv never paid much attention to the rolling credits usually at the end of a movie but whist I have been creating I have acknowledged them and realised what an important role they play, Learning this really contributed to my project. Adding the credits was again really time consuming, getting the positions and timings perfectly in time with the non-dialetc sound a clips.

No comments:

Post a Comment