Thursday 9 January 2014

Question 3

What kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why?


Warner Bros entertainment inc

formerly known as Warner bros studios is an american producer of film, television and music entertainment. it's one of the major film studios, it is subsidiary of time Warner.
Warner bros produce films such as "lights of new York" which was the first full talking film and then on to "on with show" which was the first full talking colour film, by 1930 Warner bros were producing 100 motion pictures a year and controlled 360 theaters in united states and 400 abroad. The company started doing gangster films such as the "public enemy" then moved onto musical films, adventure and drama films. Warner bros later success included "The Exorcist" and "The Fugitive" which are good selling films.



Paramount Pictures

Corporation (commonly known as Paramount Pictures or simply Paramount) is a film and television production/distribution studio, consistently ranked as one of the largest (top-grossing) film studios. Paramount is a member of the motion pictures It has distributed various commercially successful film series, such as ShrekTransformersMission: Impossible,


The kind of media institution that might distribute my media text...

I think that the people that would distribute my media text would be Warner Bros or Paramount as they have done many Action thriller films and our film is a similar style to theirs so they would be interested in distributing it.



The are many other films companies that could distribute my film but I think paramount pictures will be the best choice as it has other films that follow the same lines as our film. There are films like "Jack Reacher" and "mission impossible" which are the action/thriller films that paramount have done, these films did well in the world wide appeal. 


Real World 

I think my film would be distributed in many cinemas and TV channels such as Vue and Film 4 on television.
My film follows many film lines that have been shown on TV such as Jack reacher it includes getting there own back on other people and a lot of tension considering its thriller. In some ways i think my text could like a real film being presented at the cinemas but its only if we had the proper filmers and actors and a bit more detailed of a film .
Our film is appropriate to be shown as its only a 15 and many films have been done like ours before.


Regulations rules for my film.

We have kept to all our regulations for our film.

Discrimination: I will not be including any discrimination in my film at all.

Drugs: May be shown but I'm not including any drug taking in my film but they will not be included.

Horror: A small amount of threats will be included in my film two minute opening but its still stuck to my rules of whats allowed or not.
Imitable behavior: Dangerous behavior is included in my film but it doesn't dwell on detail which could be copied. Easily accessible weapons should not be glamorized, in my film its only a knife shown but not in a clear view.

Language: There is no use of language in the opening of my film all language is moderate no use of the strongest language example "C**T"

Nudity:Nudity may be allowed in a sexual context, however this is not included in my film.
Sex: Sexual activity may be portrayed without strong detail.There may be strong verbal references to sexual behavior,
Theme:No theme is prohibited, provided the treatment is appropriate for 15 year old, which mine is perfectly fine for 15 year olds. 
Violence: Violence may be strong but should not dwell on the infliction
of pain or injury. we include infliction of pain but  is cut out so people can't see so it's suitable.

No comments:

Post a Comment